Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Happy 10th anniversary! (Part 2)

Here are several more highlights plus a summary of virtually every travel post I've written over the last ten years. (Read more about my blog's 10th anniversary here.)

Some personally interesting posts I've written in the last few years:
  • Photo finishes at the train station - part 2 - I re-read this post every so often and each time I do, I am transported back to that intense time when I almost lost my camera. Reading this post again allows me to relive the whole gamut of emotion that engulfed me in what apparently was just an hour. Crazy!
  • The ultimate 21-day challenger - It's amazing how fit and disciplined I used to be. I need to be inspired by my previous self and what I used to be capable of doing.
  • [SWEDEN] Where the hell is Frosty? - I love how I wrote about this embarrassing yet hilarious experience of me slipping badly on the snow. I can still feel the humiliation years later. :)
  • A 'Master Class' performance by Cherie Gil - Not a lot of people were in the audience when I watched it so I put in an effort to write this review of Master Class so I could share it with my friends and encourage them to see it. A couple of them did and they said the theater had a good-sized crowd when they watched.
  • My marathons-for-a-cause - I ran my first marathon before running became a craze in the Philippines and I raised a lot of money for charity by doing this. I started in 2003 but because I launched this blog in 2005, I was only able to write about my third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh marathons-for-a-cause.

Family moments:
Nanay and Tatay's 50th wedding anniversary, Family trip to Singapore, Tita Florence and Tito Mario's Golden wedding anniversary, Mama's 90th birthday, Nanay's birthday in Tagaytay, Wedding at Paco Park Church, Awesome day at Enchanted Kingdom
(Honestly, there are way too many to mention but I thought I should share at least a few.)

Some of my favorite restaurant posts
La Cocina de Tita Moning, Chateau Hestia, Romulo's, Barbara's, Bohol Bee Farm, Java Jazz Coffee, Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen, Prince Albert, Lola Cafe + Bar
Special mention: Adarna Food and Culture (too bad this place is now closed)


International travel

RUSSIA
Overview, Kremlin and Red Square, more Moscow sights, Moscow Metro, Sergiev Posad, Vladimir and Suzdal, Peter and Paul Fortress, St. Petersburg walking tour, the Hermitage, palaces around St. Petersburg, more St. Petersburg sights, Russian ballet, final thoughts, navigating the Moscow Metro, Travel tips
ICELAND
Summer holiday in Iceland and Austria, Blue Lagoon and Hallgrímskirkja, Glacier Lagoon, whale-watching in Reykjavik, the Golden Circle, Dettifoss and the Jewels of the North tour, last day in Iceland + suggested itinerary
TOUR OF NORWAY AND SWEDEN
Overview, Oslo, Norway in a Nutshell, Bergen, Stockholm
BRUNEI
Overview, Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin and ame'asr Hassanil Bolkiah Mosques, Empire Hotel and Country Club, Kampong Ayer and Royal Regalia Museum, Travel tips and suggested itinerary, final thoughts
SWITZERLAND
Lucerne landmarks, walking around Lucerne, Locarno and the canton of Ticino
SOUTH KOREA
Overview, Seoul, Incheon, travel tips and final thoughts
AUSTRIA
Summer holiday in Iceland and Austria, Overview, Vienna, Salzburg, Sound of Music tour, Final thoughts and travel tips
LEGOLAND AND SINGAPORE
Overview, Legoland Malaysia, Universal Studios Singapore (part 2), Final thoughts
FAMILY TRIP TO SINGAPORE
Overview, Universal Studios Singapore, Singapore Zoo, Suntec City, and the Merlion, Marina Bay Sands
AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS
Overview, Amsterdam sights, other Amsterdam experiences, final thought
DENMARK
Copenhagen, more on Copenhagen, sights surrounding Copenhagen
LUND AND MALMO, SWEDEN
Lund, Malmo sights, more Malmo sights
OTHER INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL
Hong Kong Disneyland, Macau, Brazil, Bali, Bangkok
BELGIUM
Belgium, living in Brussels 1, living in Brussels 2, Ghent, Bruges

I also have almost 30 posts about my life in Lund, Sweden from January to June 2007. There are too many posts to share them all here so you can look through my 2007 posts to find them. 

Local travel

SAGADA
Overview, Sumaguing Cave, Hanging coffins and other Sagada sights, Sagada terraces and falls, Banaue Rice Terraces, final thoughts and tips
KALINGA
Overview, White water rafting, Shooting and rappelling, more Kalinga experiences, Travel tips and final thoughts
BATANES
Trip 1: Overview, Basco, Sabtang Island, more of Basco, Travel tips and final thoughts
Trip 2: Revisiting, Basco highlights, new sights and experiences, changes since 2012, final thoughts and more travel tips
CEBU AND BOHOL
Cebu, Bohol, Bohol Bee Farm 
TAGAYTAY
Tito Tito's Wedding, Visiting Taal, Nanay's birthday
Food Trip 1: Restaurant Verbena, Sonya's Garden, Bag of Beans, Buon Giorno, Chateau Hestia
Food Trip 2: Breakfast at Antonio's, Chine, Mano's Greek Taverna, Java Jazz Coffee
Food trip 3: Amoroma Ristorante Italiano, Morielli's
PANGASINAN
Puerto Del Sol, Hundred Islands
OTHER LOCAL TRAVEL
Intramuros, Corregidor, Cagayan De Oro (this proves I didn't use to include photos), Coron

It's amazing how much I've written over the years. If you think about it, I have actually written enough to fill a book! Many of my travel posts have proven quite useful to family and friends who were planning to visit a place I had already been to and were asking for tips and recommendations. There have even been a couple of occasions when my friends shared what I had written to their friends. Cool!

The last ten years of blogging have been an absolute blast. Looking forward to the next ten years. :)

No comments: