Friday, July 01, 2005

The ultimate 21-day challenger

The results of the 21-day challenge program were announced in a simple ceremony over lunch today. And guess what? I swept all the awards that I could get yahoo!!! Interestingly enough, when this whole thing started, I didn't really want to even try and win it since I wanted to eat junk food and break my calorie limit fairly often. But then two things happened: (1) I started losing a lot of weight and body fat percentage, and (2) I placed first in both weeks 1 and 2. I then started thinking, what the heck, I might as well try and win the whole thing.

So now I have twenty more sessions in Gold's gym for free, as well as gift cheques totaling P1,000 in Toby's (which I will use to buy gloves to use in the gym). So what awards did I win that got me these cool prizes?

1. Most total points earned, individual male
I actually didn't score the most number of points. I think a couple of girls in another team managed to get more points in total than I did. But since there was a male and a female category, I lucked out. Guess all the sacrifice paid off somehow.

2. Most weight lost, individual
This one I absolutely dominated. In three weeks, I went from 165lbs to 153lbs. That's 12 lbs lost! I think after my 12 lbs, the next most weight lost is about 7.5lbs. Chalk it up to a lot of exercise (about an hour per day on average for 3 weeks) and the near-elimination of desserts from my diet.

3. Most total points earned, team
This one was tight, but the huge lead we built in week 1, plus the fact that we had three people on weight maintenance who maintained their weight (and gave us full bonus points) put us slightly ahead at the end of the day.

4. Most weight lost, team
This one was a tie, where the average weight lost was about 4.25lbs per person. Thankfully, the total weight I lost was enough to pull our average up.

So what did I do after this? I ate a lot of food hahaha. But don't think those 21 days were for nothing coz I spent 2 1/2 hours in the gym working out my legs, triceps, and abs, as well as doing cardiovascular exercises.

My short-term goal now is to have a chest that bulges out and a tummy that doesn't. Still a long ways to go but at least I am on the right direction.

3 comments:

C said...

Congratulations!!! :)

Anton said...

Congratulations too! you should put up a picture of the obligatory before and after shots for our appreciation.

Well Done! galing ha

tanya said...

wow congrats! i have been a witness to your hardships, so i know that you and your team truly desrve it :)