Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Lucerne, Switzerland (part 2 of 2)

I visited Switzerland over the Easter Weekend - from Good Friday until Easter Monday. The first two days were spent in Lucerne, and the last two in the canton of Ticino. Here are some pictures from my fantastic trip.

A few random shots I took around Lucerne...

People sitting by the riverbank, having a coffee or just chilling under the bright sun.

The facade of the Old Train Station, which apparently burned down a while back. This majestic facade was the only thing that remained and it now stands a hundred or so meters in front of the new train station.

I passed by this clock on a stained-glass-window looking mount on the wall of the Central train station.

A lot of buildings in the Old Town have interesting murals painted on their facades. Of all the murals, this one is my favorite.

On Saturdays mornings, the Old Town turns into a festive market.

Some bells on a random building I passed by during the Guided City Walking Tour.

I had just come out of some shop where I bought souvenirs and was on my way to the Musegg Wall when I ran into the Easter Bunny. =)

I passed by this "Old Swiss House restaurant" on my way to the Lion Monument. It looked very, er, 'Swiss', and the waitresses were dressed in traditional Swiss attire. It wasn't very crowded - most people were dining by the riverbank - so I thought of having lunch here. I then took a look at the menu and realized why it had less patrons - the food was quite expensive! =)

So I headed to another Swiss restaurant where I had Pastetli, a traditional Lucerne meal which is essentially a meat pie (or veal a la king).

There was also a Hall of Mirrors in the Gletschergarten (Glacier Garden or Glacier Museum). It was quite an experience to walk through the hall of mirrors - it is so disorienting and you need to walk slowly with hold your hand stretched out in front of you to make sure you don't run into a mirror. =)

No comments: