Saturday, June 02, 2012

Tagaytay Food Trip: Buon Giorno

I love pasta and Italian food so I decided to have dinner on my second night in Buon Giorno, an Italian restaurant located at Cliffhouse. I realized at a later visit to Tagaytay that the view of Taal Lake from here is pretty spectacular so it's probably more ideal to have a meal here during the day.


The Buon Giorno menu is quite extensive so it took me a while to figure out what I wanted. As is the custom in most Italian restaurants, I was served bread along with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I love the bottle that contained both the oil and the vinegar:


I started with with the Buon Giorno's Special Salad (P218). This was pretty hefty, and the fact that it came with a lot of different ingredients that had contrasting tastes and textures made the dish quite lively. While some dressing - which was really good - had already been drizzled directly on the salad, a soup-spoon serving of it was neatly placed on the side of the plate in case you wanted more.


For my main course, I went with the Pollo Parmigiana (P507), a ham and cheese-topped chicken fillet with rich tomato sauce, served with spaghetti and a side of vegetables. The dish is quite expensive and taste-wise, I thought it didn't have a wow-factor, but the portion size was pretty good.


Plus points include the location (even if you visit at night and can't enjoy the awesome view, it's still a pretty cool and swanky place with a fair amount of parking slots), the portion sizes, and the wide selection of choices in the menu

*****

Buon Giorno Caffe and Bistro
4 Cliff House
(046) 483-2102

How to get there: From the Tagaytay-Sta. Rosa Road, turn right into Tagaytay-Calamba road. Go past the rotonda along Aguinaldo highway. Go past One Desitation (the place with a lot of restos like Teriyaki Boy, Pancake house, Starbucks, and Kon Tiki) and Leslie's Restaurant. Cliffhouse is right after Leslie's on the left side of the road.

No comments: