Saturday, January 11, 2014

Tagaytay Food Trip 2: Mano's Greek Taverna

I've seen Mano's Greek Taverna on multiple occasions since it is located right along Calamba Road just a short distance from the Rotonda. I enjoy Greek food so I thought it would make sense to try this place out.


I wanted to have the Spanakopita, which is a savory spinach pie, for my appetizer but it was unavailable. So instead I ordered the Keftedes (P190) or Greek meatballs. I thought these were just okay. It could have done with a bit more flavor.


One of my favorite Mediterranean dishes is Moussaka (P300). The ones I've tried before are mainly eggplant-based but the one in Mano's also has potato. I found this a bit overpriced since you can get really good moussaka in Cyma for the same price (P290) and in Cafe Mediterranean for a lot less (P190). (Or maybe that's just because I have come to realized that I prefer moussaka without potato.)


The restaurant interior is quite simple but it is interesting to note that the tables are covered in blue and white, matching the colors of the Greek flag.


I don't know if it was just for that evening, but they didn't accept credit cards when I was there so if you choose to dine here, make sure you have enough cash to cover your meal. It's probably not the best restaurant in Tagaytay but I don't think there are a lot of other Greek options in the area so if you are there for a while, then I guess it's worth a visit just to change things up. Since I wasn't wowed by the food that I tried, if you do visit Mano's, I would suggest that you try something other than what I ordered, like the shawarma or the souvlaki.

No comments: