Monday, July 12, 2010

Family lunch at Romulo's

Romulo's is a fairly new restaurant in the Tomas Morato area, located at the corner of Scout Tuason and Scout Dr. Lazcano. It is owned by the family of Carlos P. Romulo offers really good yet affordable Pinoy cuisine.


My family had lunch here a few Sundays ago as a belated Father's Day celebration. My grandfather was unavailable during Father's Day itself so we scheduled a trip to in Romulo's a week after.

I really like the ambience. It's really cozy and comfortable and the decor and color scheme make you feel quite at home. The service is also quite commendable, with waiters very quick to customer needs.


(Side note: My friend Anj recently told me to include food photos when I write about restaurants I visit so here's my lame attempt at a food blog LOL. Notice how most of the shots are out of focus - everyone was so hungry that I just took quick pics of the food as they arrived without constructing the shots properly. :))

Some of our favorite items were the Flying Tilapia with three sauces (sweet chili garlic, honey bagoong, and pickled ampalaya in soy vinegar),


the Ginataang Hipon sa Kamias,


and the Bagnet Pakbet.
Other menu items we ordered: Lengua, Pork Belly Humba, Bangus Belly, and Sisig Rice. We also had some dessert to cap off our wonderful meal. We ordered two items (actually we ended up ordering two of each since my nephews enjoyed them): for local Pinoy flavor, we ordered the Suman (check out the cool presentation)


And for some international flavor, we also ordered the Lava Rock (really good chocolate cake ala mode).


Most of the items we ordered were in the P200-300 range, so for the ambience, great food, and excellent service, that's really good value for money. Hopefully, I can enjoy another meal in Romulo's soon.

No comments: