Friday, April 13, 2007

[SWEDEN] Malmo in (more) photos

And here are a few more pictures taken during my trip to Malmo. This is the Radhus (or City/Town Hall, I think)...

and a statue in the middle of the Stortorget (or Big Square).

A nice building near the Stortorget. I see a lot of buildings built of red brick in Sweden, or at least in Lund and Malmo (I haven't really been anywhere else in this country yet).

This picture was taken in the park. That's Martynas, with the glass-walled Stadsbiblioteket (or City Library) in the background.


What's great about Europe is that in the big cities you tend to have a good mix of old historical building and modern architecture. Here's a cool-looking building that you can see from the park.

These white and off-white building facades line one edge of the Gustav Adolf Torg and provide a lovely backdrop to the busy street in front of it.

My new car in Sweden. Haha I wish! I wonder when I will get a chance to drive a car like this...

It was a warm sunny day and people felt the need to sit outdoors to dine, drink, or have coffee...


Or just chill by the canal.

And let's round things up with some interesting Swedish fashion. Ever seen a Scandinavian Cowboy with an oversized yellow Stetson hat? =)

No comments: