Thursday, May 10, 2007

My mini-tour of Scandinavia

I’m still sorting through my pictures, but considering that I had a truckload of interesting stories during my mini-tour of Scandinavia, I will start writing portions of my trip down now lest I forget. =)

Let me then begin by going through the itinerary I had put together. It’s quite aggressive really, and it left me and my mom quite tired at the end of each day, but in the end it seems we spent just about enough time in each place to visit the must-see sights and get a good enough feel of the city.

April 28 – arrived in Lund
April 29 – train from Lund to Oslo
April 30 – spent the day in Oslo
May 1 – took the Norway-in-a-nutshell tour, a full day trip from Oslo to Bergen that epitomizes the saying “it’s the journey, not the destination”
May 2 – spent the day in Bergen, then took an overnight train to Oslo
May 3 – arrived in Oslo, spent the day there, then took an overnight train to Stockholm
May 4 – arrived in Stockholm and spent the day there
May 5 – spent the day in Stockholm
May 6 – returned to Lund

Actually, this is MY itinerary. Instead of heading to Lund with me, my mom flew to Madrid. She spent a couple of days there, before traveling by train to Lisbon (she wants to visit Fatima. She’s supposed to return to Lund tomorrow night. And since she spent a day in Copenhagen on April 28 (as she arrived in the Copenhagen airport 16 hours before I did and visited a couple of places there), she ended up visiting 5 countries in 2 weeks.

Here’s one pic of me taken from the Stalheim Hotel.


We didn’t stay at this hotel, but our bus from Gudvangen to Bergen (one leg of the Norway in a Nutshell tour) stopped at this 18th century hotel for about 15 minutes so people could take pictures. This isn’t the best picture we took here, but think of it as a sampler of even better photos to come...

No comments: