Tuesday, April 09, 2019

Supporting the E-Waste Project in 2019

Because today, Araw ng Kagitingan, is a national holiday, I decided to head over to UP Diliman to donate my electronic waste to The E-Waste Project. I became aware of this initiative a couple of years ago. After donating all my e-waste in 2017, I decided to continue storing any new e-waste since I was sure there would be more collection activities in the future. I was unable to visit last year so that meant I had more e-waste to donate this year.



I had about three bags worth of e-waste. My stash included used batteries and light bulbs, empty ink cartridges, old chargers, broken phones, irreparable watches, among many other items. Since I knew I would be going to UP during the holiday, I asked some other friends if they wanted me to pick up their e-waste so I could bring them with me. My friends Zaza and Jovan said they did have stuff for donation so I passed by their houses to collect their e-waste. In the end, we had five bags total. Cool!


What you can donate:



The E-Waste Project partners with Envirocycle Philippines. The Project volunteers collect the waste and Envirocycle Philippines does the recycling. You can learn more about Envirocycle Philippines from their website http://www.envirocycle-inc.com/.


I'm happy and thankful that The E-Waste Project continues to organize a week-long collection every year. It allows me and many other people to dispose of our electronic waste responsibly.

The E-Waste Project
https://www.facebook.com/TheEwasteProject
April 8-12, 2019
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
UP Diliman
College of Engineering Lawn

No comments: