Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Great Moments with Great Friends

The second half of the previous week provided me with many opportunities to spend time with really good friends.

On Wednesday night, I met up with Pia and Tim in Ortigas for dinner. Tim was in town and he was working near Podium so we decided to meet up with him in Nono's after work. Both Tim and Pia started new jobs relatively recently so it was nice to hear what both of them have been up to. Tim's role was quite different from his past roles so it was quite interesting to learn more about the stuff he's doing now.

The next evening, I met up with Martin and Jane in Bar Centrale in Salcedo Village. Martin had Zomato Gold and it gave us a free dish in this Italian restaurant that none of us had previously tried so we agreed to have dinner there. We ordered the Tagliolini Verdi al Funghi, Beef Lasagna, and Chicken Parmigiana and we enjoyed the food. My personal favorite was the tagliolini. One of the more interesting discussions that night how Martin organizes Quiapo tours and that Jane and I would like to join these tours at some point in the near future.

Two days later, I met up with Geop and Ana for lunch in Ooma in BGC. I hadn't seen my first-ever wedding inaanak in a while so when I messaged Geop recently, we both felt it had been too long since we saw each other and that we should meet up soon. And we did. Apparently, Ooma is one of their favorite restaurants and I do like the food here so I was happy that we had lunch there. We shared lots of stories with each other and it was interesting to learn what Ana and Geop have been up to and what their plans are as a couple.

I stayed in BGC the rest of the day because later that night, I had dinner with my college friends. We were sending off Kermin and Gerhard, who were moving to the US. Joining us that night were Gosh, Letlet, Lala, Jay, and Trina. We had dinner in Manam since Kermin wanted Pinoy food on her last night in the Philippines. We initially planned to move to Hotel Bar in Shangri-La at the Fort after dinner but when we got there, it was so loud. As such, we decided instead to go to Brotzeit. We stayed there until a bit past midnight before calling it a night.

I hadn't been out that much in such a short period of time. While it was physically tiring, it was very emotionally enriching. Hopefully, I will have more opportunities to catch up with them again and with my other friends in the near future.

No comments: