Sunday, April 21, 2019

La Mere Poulard in SM Aura

I recently had dinner in La Mere Poulard in SM Aura. I had passed by this restaurant a few times before and, as a fan of fancy French cuisine, I always wanted to try it but never had the chance. That is, until I found myself in SM Aura doing a couple of errands. Since I needed to have dinner, I thought it was a perfect opportunity for me to try this restaurant.


La Mere Poulard in SM Aura is a franchise of the original French restaurant in Mont-Saint-Michel. The interior is beautiful and the lights and the color scheme are inviting. I think the brass-looking chandeliers that have a rose gold sheen add a touch of elegance.


The walls are lined with mirror panels and decorated further with photos and paintings. I'm not sure if the photos are of VIPs who have dined in La Mere Poulard but many of them seem to have autographs.


On to the food. I wanted to have some vegetables (I've been trying to eat a lot more vegetables recently) so I selected the Warm Goat Cheese and Artichoke Salad (P350). I like artichokes and goat cheese so I enjoyed this dish. The goat cheese, which seems to have been fried to give it a crispy exterior, provided a soft and salty contrast to the fresh, crunchy vegetables.

Warm Goat Cheese and Artichoke Salad

For my main course, I ordered the Roasted Chicken and Mushroom Normandy Rice (P350). The chicken was well-cooked and juicy. Apparently, La Mere Poulard translates to 'The Chicken Mother' so I guess that means they cook chicken really well. Normandy rice is kind of like a risotto and this was well-prepared, creamy and flavorful, with carrots to provide an extra crunch.

Roasted Chicken and Mushroom Normandy Rice

I really enjoyed my meal here and, looking through the menu, there are a lot more dishes I would like to try. I'm hoping I can visit La Mere Poulard again in the near future to enjoy more of their delicious food.

No comments: