Thursday, April 25, 2019

A Walk Around UP Diliman

During my recent visit to UP Diliman for my E-Waste Project donation, I decided to spend some time walking around the campus to take photos.


The E-Waste Project donation area was in the College of Engineering Lawn so that was naturally my first stop.


I then decided to walk around the Academic Oval. This is the elliptical campus where you can find the most important academic and administrative buildings including Quezon Hall where the Oblation stands, Palma Hall, Vinzons Hall, Melchor Hall, the University Theater, and Vargas Museum. During weekends (or is it just Sundays?) and holidays, this 2.2 kilometer road is closed to traffic, making it a popular destination for runners, strollers, and cyclists.


The academic oval is lined with acacia trees which form a gorgeous canopy.


I then made my way to the Sunken Garden. Just as I was walking by, an aircraft passed overhead, leaving behind a streak in the sky. Naturally, I had to take a photo.


I also passed by the Sunken Garden bench where some Alone/Together scenes were shot.


The Sunken Garden is a really photogenic location. Why this UP Diliman landmark is sunken, no one knows for sure. (There are some theories; read them here.)


I thought about walking all the way to Quezon Hall so I could take photos of the Oblation but I had a mid-afternoon appointment that I would be late for if I did so I skipped that plan. Now I just need to schedule a return visit to take more photos and to visit Vargas Museum.

No comments: