Sunday, April 28, 2019

Nanay's 92nd birthday

My family celebrated the 92nd birthday of my grandmother whom we fondly called Nanay. I somehow triggered the plans when I asked Tita Ace when she was free to celebrate Nanay's birthday. She said she was free at any time so I asked Nanay if she had a preferred date. I relayed Nanay's selected date to Tita Ace then I thought of telling Tita Tuds, who now lives in the province. I asked her if she could join and if her children - my cousins - could also join. Then I thought of asking Manang Neneng, Nanay's sister, who lives only 5 minutes away from us, if she could also make it. As it turned out, everyone was available. Cool!

Our celebration was a feast. I ordered food from CCME. I had been thinking of ordering from CCME for a while but I never got around to it until now. I ordered Lengua in Salsa Blanca, Steamed Lapu-Lapu, and Chicken Pastel. (I had the Chicken Pastel before which I really liked but it was the first time I got to try their Lengua and Lapu-Lapu. Both were also really good. I'm pretty sure I will be ordering again from CCME in the future.) Manang Neneng's family brought bellychon that her son prepared. Tita Ace brought fresh lumpia, sotanghon (which Nanay requested), and chicken lollipop for the kids. Finally, Tita Tuds and her family brought a beautifully decorated cake.


As we were wrapping up the party, Nanay asked for a photo to be taken of everyone there. Luckily, despite space being a bit limited, we all managed to fit in the living room and into one photo.


I'm really happy and thankful that at 92, Nanay continues to have a sharp mind. Hopefully, she continues to have many more wonderful years with us.

No comments: