One of the things that has been on my to-do list for the longest time was building scrapbooks of the memorabilia, most of which are from past travels. I have a friend who is an expert scrapbooker so I asked her if there was a special adhesive to use for scrapbooks. While she told me that Elmer's Glue would work, I could also use Glue tape, which was a lot easier and handier to use. She told me that this is readily available at National Bookstore so I could buy it there. I had never heard of glue tape but I made my way to National to buy it. And OMG, what an absolute revelation this is!
While I planned to use it for my scrapbooks (I will write about this in more detail in my next post), I first used it for my expense report filing. We are required at work to stick our receipts on sheets of paper for submission and in the past, I would always use Elmer's Glue because I find glue sticks to not be as effective. I really don't enjoy this task because I find it to be messy and I have to spread out all my receipts for several minutes before stacking them to make sure the glue dries fully. However, glue tape has proven to be a perfect tool to use for this. I don't experience the same mess when using Elmer's Glue and I don't need to wait for the glue to dry. I also find glue tape to be way more effective than glue sticks. While in the past, it would take a while for me to attach receipts to sheets of paper, I am now able to do it in a fraction of the time. I can't believe it's taken me all this time to learn about glue tape!
Granted, it is a lot more expensive than Elmer's Glue and glue sticks. That said, at my age, I am willing to spend a bit more if it means I end up having a lot less hassle and stress and I get to avoid spending too much time on tasks that I hate doing. If you haven't discovered glue tape yet, try it. It's really a blessing!

No comments:
Post a Comment