Wednesday, June 24, 2026

Visiting an Old Favorite on Father's Day

To celebrate Father's Day, my family and I had lunch at The French Baker. We don't normally go out for Father's Day because of the huge crowds heading out that day, which means restaurants are full and parking is a challenge. But this year, we decided to go out just for a bit of a change-up. I thought that we could eat at The French Baker because it doesn't usually get full, even on weekends. We still arrived early so that we would have a better chance of getting seats. When we got there, we managed to get a table for everyone in my family. Shortly after we got settled, the rest of the tables became occupied so I'm quite happy we arrived when we did.


The French Baker was established in the Philippines in 1989. It's very first location was in SM City North Edsa, which I was very familiar with because my friends and I would sometimes eat there when we would go to the mall. Some of my family had never eaten here before so this lunch was a first for them. Once we were done with our main courses, some of us ordered their delicious pastries for dessert. They also had a Father's Day Promo and since we met the minimum spend requirement for it, my brother got a Chocolate Overload Sundae for free. Cool!

The French Baker was a bit of a staple for me as a student. I didn't have a lot of money back then so whenever I wanted to treat myself during trips to SM City, I would eat here and I would order either their Fetuccine Ala Carbonara or their Chicken Ala King. I love that after 37 years, The French Baker is still around, making delicious food and pastries. And I love that my family and I got to enjoy their food together on Father's Day.

No comments: