Saturday, June 20, 2026

Catch it if you can! at Rift

Recently, I discovered that my cousin is a co-founder of a relatively new art gallery called Rift which is located in Quezon City. They've had a few exhibits already and her mom - my aunt - invited me to visit but I hadn't been able to get around to it. Then even more recently, Yeye Calderon, who is one of the artists I follow and whose art I had purchased in the past, shared on his social media account that a couple of his paintings will be included in an exhibit called Catch it if you can at Rift. When I saw this, I messaged my cousin to ask about it and she said that this show was indeed at her gallery. She invited me to the artist's reception and I thought it would be cool for me to go. Not only would I get to finally support my cousin but I would also get to see and appreciate more art, including those created by Mr. Calderon.

Catch it if you can!

The exhibit showcased a great mix of paintings of different styles and media and sculptures made of different materials. Most of the artists whose works were on display were present that evening and it was really interesting to hear them talk about their art to guests at the exhibit.


Unfortunately, Yeye Calderon could not make it that evening but I did get to see his two paintings on display and they were indeed very beautiful.

Yeye Calderon's paintings on exhibit at Rift

One of the most popular artists there was Yul Servo, an actor who has appeared in many movies and TV shows and who has also been Vice Mayor of Manila. His two pieces were created using automotive paint on stainless steel and brass.

Artworks by Yul Servo

I'm happy I was able to attend this event. It was cool getting to see art pieces from many different artists with very unique and even thought-provoking styles and points of view. It's also great that I finally got to visit my cousin's gallery and show her some support.


 

No comments: