I finally started something that I had been planning to do for years: build scrapbooks of memorabilia that I kept all these years. As a pack-rat and sentimental fool, I've stashed a lot of travel mementos such as entrance tickets to museums and other attractions I've visited, boarding passes, and brochures of tours I took. I also kept lots of tickets to shows I watched, such as concerts, musicals, and ballets. These were all stored in boxes that I never really opened but I never threw them out because I always felt that it would be nice to look at them once in a while and go on a wonderfully nostalgic trip down memory lane. So when I started my decluttering journey this year, I made it my mission to finally start building my scrapbooks.
One of the scrapbooks I got from Amazon looked like the Adventure Book in the Pixar film Up, which is one of my favorite movies of all time. In that film, Carl and Ellie originally wanted to go to Paradise Falls in South America but they never got around to it and Ellie unfortunately passed away before they could. Instead, Carl and Russell end up on a wild adventure in South America when Carl attempts to fly his house to Paradise Falls using balloons and Russell inadvertently joins him. So I thought that it would be nice to fill with this scrapbook with memorabilia from the South America trip I took with my mom in 2018.
My glue tape has indeed proven to be very, very handy. It made me think, maybe the reason why I stalled on scrapbooking all these years is that I was originally thinking of using normal glue which would have been messier and which would have required me to wait for the glue to dry. The glue tape has addressed these problems and made scrapbooking so much easier. Cool!
The big question now is whether I did this right. I actually stuck scraps on both sides of each page. My books don't have any separators between pages to protect the stuff I put on them so I'm thinking now that maybe I should have just stuck my memorabilia on the front of each page. I guess I will find out soon if this move is an acceptable one or if it is a disaster haha. I still have two more scrapbooks at home and lots more stuff to stick on them so at least I can learn from this first one and make any adjustments if needed. I'm also guessing that once I've filled my three books, I will need more.

No comments:
Post a Comment