Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Retiring My Favorite Shoes

Sad news. I now have to retire my favorite sneakers - my Metcon 2 Flywire shoes - after 7 years of use. I got them in 2016 and I've loved them ever since. They fit well and are very comfortable. I also love their color.

My worn-out, dirty, and apparently irreparable Metcon 2 Flywire shoes

A few years ago, I noticed the sole start to slowly detach from the show. Recently, I decided to bring them to a shoe repair shop to try and have them fixed and cleaned. Unfortunately, after more careful inspection, the shoe repair shop told me they couldn't repair my Metcons anymore.

Unfortunately, Nike no longer produces Metcon 2 Flywire. If they did, I would have purchased the exact same pair again. These shoes served me very well over the last seven years, especially during my trip to South America. I even went up the Perito Moreno Glacier wearing them!

Wearing my Metcons as I prepare to do a glacier walk in Perito Moreno in Argentina

I now need to find replacement sneakers. Hopefully, I can find a pair that will be just as good, both in fit and in looks.

No comments: