Saturday, October 29, 2022

Quarantine Stories Part 25

One of my annual traditions is buying Halloween donuts from Krispy Kreme. The donut designs are always good but this year, they took things to the next level with some pretty awesome packaging. I ordered a dozen donuts and the box they came in was designed as a Spellbook with Halloween colors and a transparent center to allow customers to see some of the donuts inside. Cool!

Spellbook packaging of the Halloween Krispy Kreme donuts

There were six different Halloween donut varieties so I got two of each.

Different Halloween donut varieties

Tropical Hut got a lot of buzz recently and a lot of people rediscovered it. I remember having Tropical Hut as a kid and liking it more than other fast food burgers so when tweets and posts about this restaurant started going viral, I felt that I should try it again. One evening, after doing errands in Estancia, I decided to take a short drive to the Tropical Hut branch at the corner of Shaw and Pioneer. I ordered the Classic Burger meal set.

Tropical Hut Classic Burger meal

Now that I've had it again after all these years, I still think Tropical Hut Burgers are better than most other fast food burgers in the country.

Tropical Hut Class Burger

I also finally got to eat at Denny's. I found myself in Eastwood one morning due to an errand I needed to do in the area and I decided to eat there because they had many breakfast options as well as unlimited coffee! Because I knew I would need to spend at least a few hours there, I invited some friends to join me. It was really great spending time with Migs, Diann, Case, and her daughter Cara. For my meal, I got the Junior Lumberjack Slam, which had a sausage, ham, bacon, a hash brown, an egg, toast, and pancakes (the regular order has two of each). I also order unlimited coffee. The food was satisfying, the coffee was good, and the company was great. 

Junior Lumberjack Slam with unlimited coffee at Denny's

Speaking of breakfast, I also got to have a McDonald's breakfast meal for the first time in years. On a day that I couldn't drive my car due to the number coding scheme, I decided to go to work before 7am instead of booking Grab. Since I was really early, I decided to eat at the McDonald's next to my office. I got my standard order: Sausage McMuffin with Egg, Hash Browns, and coffee.

Breakfast meal at McDonald's

Clearly, I've been eating a lot of not-so-healthy food recently. I need to start eating better soon!

No comments: