Monday, October 31, 2022

Certified!

I'm now a certified Professional Scrum Product Owner!


Our company has been building knowledge and capability in the Agile methodology and Scrum over the last few years. Recently, we got an external partner to conduct Product Owner training to some employees and my boss nominated me to take it. I was a bit worried about the certification that would come right after because it's been ages since I last took a graded exam. In fact, the last - and only other - time I got certified was more than a decade ago!

I had a lot of trepidation leading up to the exam because I hadn't gotten any proper training on Agile or Scrum prior to this and I had very little time to study and prepare. I ended up taking a lot of sample exams and reading the Scrum guide multiple times and I'm very happy that it all worked out. For the first time in a really long time, I have a professional certification! I'm really thankful to my company for giving me the opportunity to get trained and certified.

No comments: