Sunday, November 06, 2022

Antipodean

I passed by Antipodean a few (many?) times in the past and each time I did, I always thought it looked interesting. On one recent Saturday morning, I wanted to have brunch and I thought this would be a good place to try. When I'm hungry, I tend to order big breakfasts in places that serve some version of it and my first visit here was no exception. I ordered the Big Breakfast (P499), which comes with a choice between bacon and sausage (and if you choose sausage, you also need to decide if you want pork, beef, or chicken), breaded mushrooms, scrambled eggs, hash brown, toast, and a side salad. I particularly enjoyed the scrambled eggs which were quite silky and creamy.

Big Breakfast

I enjoyed my first trip here so soon after that, I paid it another visit. In my subsequent visit, I ordered the Eggs Benedict with Bacon Deluxe (P549). It's like a grilled bacon and cheese sandwich with poached eggs on top. This was also really good!

Eggs Benedict with Bacon Deluxe

The interior is charming and cozy. The restaurant is covered but open-air so it doesn't have air conditioners (or at least none that I noticed). However, there are fans all around and both times I was there, it felt cool and comfortable. Their menu is very extensive, with a truckload of options from a variety of cuisines.

The menu is written on the wall

There are so many more dishes that I would love to try here. I will surely visit this place again in the future.

Antipodean in Legazpi Village, Makati

Antipodean
Legazpi Street corner Gil Street, Legazpi Village, Makati

No comments: