Saturday, November 26, 2022

Rediscovering Paul Boulangerie

Several years ago, I tried Paul Boulangerie for the first time and I enjoyed it. In fact, I got to visit Paul a few more times after that. However, after those first few visits, I didn't get to go back. That is, until this year. I was looking for a place to have brunch when I passed by Paul. It had been such a long time since I last ate there that I decided to get a table. I ordered the Potato Pancake Mushroom (P450), a warm potato pancake with freshly sauteed mushrooms, garlic, onion, parmesan cheese, and parsley. It's served with a small side salad. As soon as I put the first forkful into my mouth, I instantly loved it!

Potato Pancake Mushroom

That visit a few months ago reminded me that, while Paul is not cheap, I really do like the food here. And they have a pretty extensive menu with many items that appeal to me. I decided then to try and visit this place more frequently, especially if I wanna splurge and treat myself to a good meal. Shortly after that visit, I found myself dining at Paul again a few weeks later. This time, I ordered the Crepe with Chicken and Mushrooms (P375). It's a crepe with freshly sauteed mushrooms with chicken breast cubes, emmental cheese, and bechamel. This was really, really good! I also loved the Provencale tomato that it was served with.

Crepe with Chicken and Mushrooms

My third visit came shortly after that. This time, I ordered the Omelet Complete (P450). a 3-egg omelet with farmer's ham, sauteed mushrooms, potatoes, and emmental cheese. It is served once again with the Provencale tomato that I love and a side salad. I decided to get some dessert to go with my omelet and I chose the Crepe with Chocolate and Chantilly, a thin French pancake with Paul's chocolate sauce and whipped cream.

Omelet Complete and Crepet with Chocolate and Chantilly

At that point, almost everything I had ordered had been something that people would normally have for breakfast or brunch. On my fourth trip, I decided to get a main course. Christmas is coming up and I had worked long and hard this year so I decided to go a bit over-the-top and get the Beef Bourguignon (675), which is slow-cooked braised beef in red wine sauce. I partnered it with French Onion Soup (P400).

Beef Bourguignon and French Onion Soup

Aside from having great food, Paul also serves good coffee. There are still so many items on their menu that I want to try. I figure the reason why I stopped going to Paul was because it's quite expensive. However, I worked really hard (and I'd also like to think really smart) this year so I thought it would be fitting to reward myself with several good meals as the year comes to a close. I really do love Paul Boulangerie so I will surely visit this place again.

No comments: