Friday, July 16, 2021

[Throwback] Vacation in the United Kingdom

Since travel is still difficult and not very advisable at this time, I decided to blog about trips I took before I started this blog. I'll start out by writing about my trip to the UK. I took a 2-week vacation leave at work after I completed one of the most difficult and stressful projects I've ever worked on. What made me want to go to the UK? In the previous two years, I worked with quite a few British people, most of whom were temporarily assigned in Manila. I ended up being really good friends with them and in many of our conversations, they would talk about life in England or Scotland. Since I got along with them quite well and their stories made me really interested in their country, I figured why not go there?

Big Ben

My trip lasted 11 days and I ended up staying in three different cities. Most of my time was spent in London...

Buckingham Palace

...and I made sure to take a day-trip to Stonehenge. 

Stonehenge

I spent a day in Newcastle...

Newcastle

...before heading further north to Edinburgh.

Edinburgh

I will be writing in more detail about my trip over my next several blog posts.

Next post: London Landmarks Part 1

No comments: