Thursday, July 15, 2021

Taking Back Control of My Life (Or At Least Trying To)

For almost a year now, I've felt like I didn't have enough energy to do things. A large part of that is the pandemic which has kept me inside my pad most of the time, except when I need to buy food or supplies. I did manage to exercise regularly a few months into the quarantine last year but the combination of an injury and a very heavy workload left me unable to exercise. It was work that proved to be the other major cause of my lack of energy. Having really challenging, difficult projects and responsibilities often left me wiped out. Sometimes, I don't even feel like washing dishes at the end of the day (of course I always do; I won't leave dirty dinnerware in the sink overnight lest my pad become infested with cockroaches and other bugs).

It was maybe in the last few months that I decided that I needed to become more productive again. I started out wanting to exercise regularly again but so far that plan hasn't quite panned out. I have, however, started watching movies again. In a couple of previous posts, I wrote about movies I've watched on HBO Go and on IWant TFC. Since then, I've watched a few more films, including Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, Sonic The Hedgehog (I was surprised that I actually liked this film), and Godzilla vs. Kong. I was hoping Godzilla vs. Kong would become available on HBO Go after being only on HBO Max a few months ago (HBO Max is not available in Asia). Thankfully, it did. I didn't like it as much as Godzilla: King of the Monsters but it was still enjoyable enough. (Spoiler alert: that "tag-team" final battle scene against Mechagodzilla was pretty awesome!)


Another thing I decided to do was blog more. From March 2020 to April 2021, I averaged only about 2 posts a month, which is way below my average in the previous years. Since May of this year, however, I've managed to write more, with 6 posts in May, 4 in June, and so far 4 this month.

And there's more to come. That's because I also decided to write about trips I took before I started this blog. Since I haven't been able to travel due to the pandemic, I thought that reminiscing and writing about my past experiences would be the next best thing. (I figured it would also be good to start updating my Instagram with travel photos I took prior to creating my IG account.) Hopefully, by the time I finish writing about past trips that I never got to blog about before and posting travel pics on social media, it will be safe enough to travel again.

The key now is for me to really get back into the mental state that enabled me to work out 4 to 6 times a week in the middle of 2020. My target now though is to exercise 3-4 times a week. I also want to start reading books again. Hopefully, I can start doing more and more things that I used to do regularly pre-pandemic.

No comments: