Saturday, June 29, 2019

Random Stuff

Whenever I see an ice cream cake, I keep thinking to myself that I want to bring one home as a weekend treat but somehow I never do. That is, until last Father's Day. I went to the mall with the intention of getting a cake from Sans Rival but when I got there, they had run out. It was then that I passed by Dairy Queen and spotted a variety of ice cream cakes that were decorated specially for Father's Day. Perfect! Running out of cakes in my original choice turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Not only did I get to bring home an ice cream cake which I had been wanting to do for a while, I also got a very appropriately-decorated Father's Day cake. Oh, and it tasted great, too! :)


I also recently visited Mandalay, a speakeasy or hidden bar in Makati. (Technically, a speakeasy isn't exactly a hidden bar but that's how the term  is used nowadays.) It's the first time this year that I went to a bar because I significantly reduced my alcohol intake for health reasons. However, my doctor did say that if I had enough sleep and I wasn't tired, I could have a drink. Mandalay is really cool. It has a very cozy and chill vibe and I can imagine spending a few hours here hanging out with friends. Except for the fact that the drinks are very expensive LOL. I ordered Don't Forget, a cocktail that has Chairman's Reserve Forgotten Cask Rum, lime juice, sugar syrup, cherry heering, and orange juice. This drink cost a whopping P850 (plus service charge!) but it was very good.


Despite having ice cream cake and alcohol recently, I've managed to stay true to the diet and lifestyle change that I started a few months ago, which involves eating less of the bad stuff and more of the good stuff. I have now lost a total of about 16 pounds or more than 7 kilos. I didn't expect that at all. I think I have now stopped losing weight so what's important is for me to try and sustain my diet and to keep exercising whenever I can. It helps that there is a Salad Stop! nearby. They recently added a seasonal menu item: Caulifornia Dreamin' which has cauliflower cheese patties. It looked quite appetizing when I saw the picture so I tried it. While it's on the expensive side at P375, I really enjoyed it, especially the patties so I think I may try this salad again before it is taken off the menu.


No comments: