Sunday, June 02, 2019

Downtown Cafe in Angeles, Pampanga

On our way back home to Manila from Bataan, we decided to have a late lunch in Downtown Cafe in Angeles, Pampanga. This restaurant is by Chef Claude Tayag who is known for Bale Dutung. In fact, the Bale Dutung website indicates that "if you do not have reservations and just want to sample the food, you can go to Downtown Cafe". I was up for eating in a restaurant I had never eaten at before, so when Downtown Cafe was suggested, I readily agreed.


Downtown Cafe is located at the Quad at Nepo in Angeles. The food here is really good but I was so hungry when we got there that I forgot to take photos. (You can check out the menu here.) The highlight of our order was the Bagnetta, which is a cross between Ilocano bagnet and Italian porchetta. This dish is presented differently from any other crispy pork dish I've had so I naturally had to take a picture.

Bagnetta

Aside from the really good food, this restaurant also has a really interesting vintage theme going on, with images of Filipino celebrities from the 20th century adorning one wall and photos of the menu items plastered on the opposite wall. There's also a working jukebox. How do I know that it is working? The kids of my friends actually tried it.


In the wash area, Ginebra San Miguel bottles have been converted into hand soap, alcohol, and hand sanitizer dispensers. Cool!


I'm happy I got to have lunch in Downtown Cafe because the food is excellent, the service is friendly and efficient, the atmosphere is relaxed and casual, and the decor gives you a warm feeling of nostalgia. I definitely recommend this place to anyone who is near the Angeles area or will be passing by.


Downtown Cafe
https://www.facebook.com/downtowncafe1956/
The Quad at Nepo, Plaridel Street, Angeles City, Pamgpanga
0917 676 1689

No comments: