Sunday, June 16, 2019

PRU Life policies for my nephews

One of the most important and "adult" things I've done this year so far is to get PRU Life investment and insurance policies for my nephews.


How it came about: I'm at that stage of my life where I think of and plan what I need to do to secure my future when I retire. While I already have my own investment and insurance policies, it has always been on my mind to secure my future and the future of my family even further. However, at my age, the value I get from a policy is nowhere near as good as what a much younger person would get. I then thought that it could be a good idea if I get policies for my nephews, both of whom are still really young. Even if I put just a little money now, by the time they retire, that pot could be huge.

I reached out to my friend Joyce who is a PRU Life agent and asked her if it was possible for me to get policies for my nephews. She prepared a few options and after a few meetings, I decided what I wanted (and could afford) to get for them. I held a family meeting with them, my brother/their dad, and my mom to explain the policies to them and make sure they understood what it covered. I then submitted the application and thankfully, they were both approved. Cool! Now my nephews are guaranteed to get something when they are older and hopefully the fund value is worth a very good amount by the time that they retire (or when they really need to use it).

No comments: