Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Wedding Ninong Again

I am now officially a two-time wedding ninong. My ex-teammate Marge got married to her now-husband JB earlier this month and she asked me to be one of her principal sponsors. I was honored to have been asked to be her wedding ninong.


The ceremony was held at the Nuestra Senora de Gracia Church in the Guadalupe area. Guests were asked to refrain from taking photos during the wedding; I think there is an ongoing movement now where guests are asked not to take photos since the attempt of guests to take good shots sometimes (or maybe often) prevents the official photographers from taking photos from the best possible angles. While I did avoid taking photos for the most part, I did take one during the ceremony. I took this next photo right after the bridal march and before the priest began speaking. Since I was seated at the aisle in the second row, I had a pretty good view and I managed to take this shot without obstructing the view of the official photographers.


The reception was held a short distance away, at The Loft in Manansala in Rockwell. The program included some heartwarming speeches from Marge's dad, JB's dad and family, and from one of the principal sponsors. There were also a couple of performances. After entering the reception area, the secondary sponsors danced and JB also had a dance medley number with the male members of the entourage. I do have to say that the hands-down best performance came from Marge, who serenaded JB with a love song that she sang very beautifully.


The wedding had an official hashtag and I decided to take and share some photos so that Marge and JB could look back at some of the photos that their guests took. As it turned out, I ended up getting a special award for the best photo uploaded using the official wedding hashtag. I managed to capture a wonderful moment between Marge and JB during their first dance and it was deemed the winner. Cool!

my winning photo

Another good thing about this wedding was that I also has an opportunity to catch up with a few of our other ex-colleagues. I also hadn't seen Marge since she left our previous company so it was nice getting to see her again.

Congratulations and Best Wishes, Marge and JB!

No comments: