Thursday, December 13, 2018

Reading Glasses

While playing board games last year (or maybe even the year before), I realized that I was having a lot of difficulty reading the fine print on cards, especially when the lighting wasn't very good. In fact, sometimes I would have too much difficulty that I would use my phone camera to zoom in on what I wanted to read. I noticed this same problem sometimes in restaurants while checking out the menu. I didn't have trouble reading words or focusing on objects from a distance. I figured at this point that I might need reading glasses.

It took a while, though, before I finally went to an ophthalmologist to have my eyes checked. I told them that I think I need reading glasses. They had me read some very fine print - I couldn't - before asking me to re-read but this time with lenses. For the first time in a while, I got to see the fine print with amazing clarity. I was given a prescription for reading glasses which I kept with me but I never really got around to buying. That is, until recently. Since the year is almost over, my annual medical benefit was about to expire so I decided to get my prescription reading glasses while I could still reimburse them.

Here is my new look (at least while reading LOL).


I tried several frames and I realized that the glasses that I think look best on me are not as narrow as this. However, I was told that reading glasses need to be thin, and in fact they should be even thinner than the ones I now have. However, I couldn't find any frame I liked that was more narrow so I settled for this for now. Hopefully I won't need to get a higher grade any time soon.

No comments: