Thursday, April 13, 2023

[Throwback] Mexico

I visited Mexico almost a couple of decades ago to attend the wedding of my friends Amy and John. Amy is Filipino and John is American and both of them live in the US but they decided to have their wedding in Playa Del Carmen, about an hour away from Cancun. They invited me to their wedding and I figured that I would most likely not have any business trips to Mexico so that would have been as good a time as any for me to go. I spent five days there, a couple of them in Mexico City and a few in Playa Del Carmen. During this trip, I got to see some famous ancient Mexican pyramids such as the Temple of Kukulcan in Chichen Itza...

Chichen Itza

...and the Pyramid of the Sun in Teotihuacan.

Pyramid of the Sun

I visited Museo del Templo Mayor in Mexico City...

Item on display in Museo del Templo Mayor

...and I also got to see Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe.

Our Lady of Guadalupe

I will write more about this memorable trip over the next few posts.

Next: Mexico City

No comments: