Friday, April 07, 2023

Sick

After a very active March, I spent several days at home because I got sick. I think there must have been some bug going around the metro because many people I know were also sick at around the same time. On the plus side, it wasn't Covid, which meant that I didn't need to worry about quarantining myself. On the minus side, it was a pretty nasty upper respiratory tract infection - my throat was really red and badly swollen - and my doctor had to prescribe antibiotics.

It came at a pretty bad time too because there was so much going on at work and April 6 to 10 are all holidays in the Philippines. I actually tried to work on one of the days that I was sick, thinking I was well enough to be productive. (Don't worry, I was working from home and I didn't expose anyone to whatever virus or bacteria I was infected with.) However, after a couple of hours, I was feeling really miserable and I had to take a sick leave the rest of the day. I ended up being out of commission for five days. I worked for a couple of days leading up to Holy Week even if  I still wasn't 100% just to catch up a bit. I guess I was still sick because people I was in virtual meetings with kept telling me that my voice sounded really different.

Thankfully, I started feeling better on Wednesday evening so at least I can look forward to a restful long weekend and hopefully, a Happy Easter.

No comments: