Friday, March 31, 2023

My New Fitbit Achievements

I've been walking a whole lot more this year and with my Fitbit measuring my activities, I actually get to see how much work I'm putting in. Earlier this month, I achieved what was then my best week. For the first time since I got my Fitbit almost a year ago, I exceeded all my daily targets for steps (10,000),


distance (8.1 kilometers),


and calories (2,700).


I also hit my weekly target of 150 zone minutes, which is the total number of minutes of moderate activity.


I ended up walking a total distance of 66.56 kilometers over 7 days, or an average of 9.5 kilometers a day. At that point, I achieved personal records in steps (96,099) and distance (66.56 km) in a single week (since I started using my Fitbit, of course). Wow!

As if that wasn't enough, I practically matched that achievement the following week. While I missed my daily target on March 22, the total steps I took (97,066),


the distance I covered (67.21 km),


and the calories I burned (21,309) that entire week actually eclipsed my totals in the previous week.


In fact, my total steps and distance became my new personal records, besting my achievements the previous week. Awesome!

To top it all off, from March 9 to 21, I covered a total distance of 132.01 kilometers. That means that in those 13 days, I averaged more than 10 kilometers per day. That is the best 13-day stretch I've had so far!

While the only exercise I'm doing is walking, I am covering pretty good distances and I'm definitely not living a sedentary lifestyle. While I do want to start exercising more properly again, I'm just happy that my Fitbit is encouraging me to walk more and be more active again.

No comments: