Friday, March 24, 2023

Rest in Peace, Maricel

My dear cousin Maricel passed away.


She's not that much older than I am but unfortunately, she got sick. While there were moments that gave our family hope that she would pull through, she eventually succumbed to her illness. I was able to visit her at the hospital shortly before she passed on and I am grateful that I still got to talk to her. On that visit, I brought her and her family a box of Bake cheese tarts, hoping she would be able to eat a bit of it. Thankfully, she did and her mom and her sister both told me that she really enjoyed it.

Any death in the family is difficult but what made this loss somewhat easier for everyone was seeing how strong Maricel's faith was. She understood that this cross that she had to bear was God's will and she embraced it fully. Even amidst all her trials, her faith never wavered. Even her doctors were moved and inspired by her steadfastness.

It was a bright, sunny day when we laid her to rest. While the weather didn't really match how we all felt, maybe it was God's way of telling us everything was going to be okay. Rest in peace, Maricel! We love you and we miss you.

No comments: