Wednesday, March 22, 2023

March Hodgepodge

I got to try the Afternoon Tea Set at the lobby of the Peninsula Manila. My mom and I were in Makati one Sunday afternoon and we were hungry so I thought it would be nice to go to the Manila Pen lobby, which in my opinion is the best hotel lobby I've visited so far.

Manila Peninsula Lobby

We got there mid-afternoon and as it turned out, the hotel parking was full (I needed to have the valet park my car) and when we got to the lobby, it was packed. My mom and I were placed  in the waiting list but as it turned out, we didn't have to wait too long because a table became available for us quite quickly. The afternoon tea set came with a choice of coffee or tea - both my mom and I got coffee - as well as a 3-tier cake stand filled loaded with many different pastries and savory appetizers. Each item comes in a pair because this tea set is meant to be shared by two people but I do think that it can actually be shared by three people, considering the volume of food. I've always wanted to try the Manila Pen afternoon tea set so I'm happy that now I have.

Afternoon Tea Set at the Manila Pen

I also got to plant another tree through GCash! This time around, I planted Bakhaw Babae at the Tanon Strait. It's worth 19,108 G Energy so it took a while for me to earn enough to plant it so I'm really pleased that I finally did.

A Bakhaw Babae tree was planted in my name!

On a recent visit to S&R, I purchased a few tubs of ice cream. As I paid for my groceries, the cashier told me that I qualified to get a couple of ice cream bags for free (I figured this was because my ice cream purchase reached a certain amount). It's strange to think that something like this would actually make me happy but it does. I often bring ice cream to my family and having these bags keeps them from melting (or at least melting too quickly). I've used these bags quite frequently since I got them.

Free ice cream bag from S&R

And since we're talking about sweets, I also purchased some Valentine's Day donuts from Krispy Kreme last month. I especially enjoyed the chocolate-coated heart-shaped donut with a rose and caramel drizzle. In fact, I bought one again for myself on a subsequent visit to Krispy Kreme.

Valentine's day donuts from Krispy Kreme

I also forgot to write about this in my previous post about get-togethers but I attended the first birthday of the son of my cousin. The celebration was held at Alex III in San Juan and it was great seeing Guilly in person for the first time. The food was really good but the company was even better.

Guilly's first birthday celebration

Finally, I got to renew my passport. It expired during the pandemic but now that things are getting back to normal and international travel seems to be a bit easier again, what with less Covid-related requirements, I decided it was time to renew my passport. Now that I have it, I need to start planning trips abroad again.

No comments: