Saturday, March 18, 2023

Half Saints

I discovered Half Saints when I was looking for restaurants in the Tomas Morato area that I hadn't tried before. I checked out their social media accounts and I thought that their menu looked really interesting. When I found myself with some free time one late Saturday afternoon, I decided to have an early dinner here. For my main meal, I ordered the Gravlax and Schmear, which is house-cured salmon in salt and dill, spiced cream cheese, red onion pickled in mirin, dill, lemon, olive oil, and black pepper. It is served on their housemade pain au lait (milk bread). You can add poached eggs to this dish (I did) and it was pretty good.

Gravlax and Schmear with poached eggs

Since it was my first time here, I had to order something else. There were a lot of dessert options but I ended up choosing something that wasn't exactly a dessert: the Flower Tartlet Trio. It includes a Calamansi and Extra Virgin Olive Oil Tartlet, a 64% Dark Chocolate Tartlet with Himalayan Pink Salt, and a Queso de Bola and Paprika Lava Tartlet. While I absolutely enjoyed all of them, I think my favorite was the cheese one. I would absolutely love to have it again!

Flower Tartlet Trio

The place is small and cozy, which means there is limited seating. When I arrived, I was asked if I had a reservation and I didn't. Thankfully, there were a couple of empty tables in the bakery area. The food, and especially the desserts, are not cheap but I thought the quality was excellent and everything I had was delicious. I definitely plan to visit this place again.


Half Saints

halfsaints.com
62 Sgt. Esguerra Ave, Diliman, Quezon City, Metro Manila

No comments: