Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Quarantine Stories Part 23

Achievement unlocked: I got my Serengeti badge! Since I started using my Fitbit, I have walked a total distance of 804 kilometers. This means I have been covering a distance of about 6.93 kilometers each day. My daily average has gone down since my last badge but considering that I work from home a lot and that I only live in a small apartment, it's pretty amazing that I was still able to walk this much each day over the last few months. Wow!

My Serengeti Badge

I also finally got a new phone, which I acquired by recontracting with my mobile plan provider. I was pretty happy with my Samsung S7 Edge so I decided to stay with the brand and go with their flagship series. I chose the S22+ not only because it was the same size as my previous phone but also through a process of elimination. I didn't want to get the Ultra because I felt it was too big, even if it had a better camera. I also decided against the S22 because I read reviews about the battery life not being great. I'm pretty happy with my new phone so far, especially because it has 256 Gb storage, a massive improvement from my previous 32 Gb.

My New S22+

That wasn't my only expensive acquisition though. Because of ads that I saw while going through my social media accounts, I ended up with buying Issey Miyake Eau & Cèdre during the Lazada 9.9 sale. It was a bit of a budol purchase but I got it because (1) fashion designer Issey Miyake passed away very recently and (2) there was a special sale where I would get a whole lot of freebies with my purchase. I ended up getting a 15 mL L'Eau d'Issey fragrance, 10 assorted mini-mists, a body wash, and two bags. A pretty good deal if you ask me. And I will surely be able to use this fragrance so I guess it's not such a bad purchase after all haha.

Issey Miyake Eau & Cèdre with a lot of freebies

I also finally set up the magic remote of my LG TV. I hadn't set it up previously because the standard remote works. However, earlier this month, I wanted to load my IWantTFC account onto the browser of my Smart TV and I didn't know how to do it using the normal remote. Thankfully, it was pretty easy to do it using the magic remote. I was actually toying with the idea of getting a Chromecast for myself just so I can watch IWantTFC shows on my TV but now I don't need to. Cool!

My LG Magic Remote

For the first time in my life, I have an SM Advantage Card. I previously didn't get one because I rarely go to SM. However, I started buying cat food from Pet Express for my nephew's rescue kitten early this year and I decided to start getting dog food there as well because they had a greater variety than the supermarket I frequent. I did the cost-benefit analysis and I realized I could actually save some money over the next five years if I had an SM Advantage Card. So on a recent trip to SM, I got one.

My new SM Advantage Card

Speaking of new cards, I also have a new credit card but it wasn't because I wanted one. It was because my previous one was compromised. Earlier this month, I got several text messages at around 2am one night  saying that I had made several online purchases amounting to about Php 80,000! What?!? Thankfully, all charges were reversed and my credit card company replaced my card at no cost. I also got the replacement quite quickly. Still, it freaked me out quite badly. This is the second time that my credit card was compromised in less than a year. I'm hoping it doesn't happen again.

No comments: