Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Quarantine Stories Part 16

I recently discovered Nestle Butterfinger Ice Cream, which is made by Dreyers. It's description says that it is light vanilla ice cream with Butterfinger candy pieces and a peanut butter swirl. I am now a big fan. It's not always in stock but whenever it is, I buy it.


I also recently purchased a new electric kettle. I broke the one I had early last year so I borrowed my grandmother's electric kettle because she wasn't using it anymore. Unfortunately, that one broke as well. With no convenient way to heat water for my pour over coffee, I immediately bought this Imarflex IK-140 1.5L Electric Kettle from Lazada. I've been satisfied with it so far.


I also recently replaced my car battery. I purchased food for my family and when I got back in the car, it wouldn't start. I immediately called Motolite. I really do love this service since they bring the battery to wherever you are. (One time, my car battery conked out on Christmas day and their service was still available!)

I also gave my old TV to the woman who irons our clothes. I asked her if she thought she could sell it and she asked me if it was still working and if she could have it instead. I said it was, but not perfectly well. So far, she and her family have been able to use it and it's performed well enough for them.

I also have a new credit card. This was really unplanned. Right before Christmas, I got a text saying that an online transaction for a very expensive purchase from a UK website was blocked. I didn't make that purchase so I called my credit card immediately. We couldn't be certain how my card was compromised so they said they would just replace my card at no cost. I'm just really happy that my credit card had strong enough checks in place to mark that transaction as fraudulent and inform me. Whew!

Finally, I paid my real estate property tax for 2022. I didn't want to be amidst large crowds in city hall so I decided to file a personal leave so I could make the payment on a weekday. It turned out to be a really good idea because when I got there, there were only two people ahead of me in line. There was no crowd and I was done in a jiffy.

No comments: