Friday, September 30, 2022

Dylan Patisserie

My family and I had lunch at Dylan Patisserie in Quezon City and we had a great time!

Dylan Patisserie Cakes

We originally planned to have lunch somewhere else along Tomas Morato but I forgot to make a reservation so when I got there, the restaurant I suggested didn't have any available parking. I figured it was full so I decided to look around for other places where we could eat. As it turned out, practically every other restaurant along Tomas Morato had full parking. I then remembered a friend posting about Dylan Patissirie on his IG stories and it looked like a really interesting place. I looked for it on Waze and it was at the corner of Scout Tuason and Scout Castor. I drove there and saw that, thankfully, it was relatively easier to park. I checked out the menu and it looked good so I told my family we should try this place out.

Dylan has a semi-outdoor dining area that was empty when I arrived so I know they could accommodate my family (there were 10 of us). I say semi-outdoor because it is fully covered but there are a lot of open windows and it is cooled by fans instead of by an air conditioner. It was raining lightly when we were there so it didn't feel too warm.

"Outdoor" dining area

Everyone was pretty quick to choose their food but my grandmother wasn't sure what to get so she asked me to order for her instead. I chose the Beef Stroganoff for her. Since I wasn't sure if she would like it, I got the Porchetta for myself. I figured  that if the stroganoff wasn't to her liking, we could swap dishes. Since it was around 130pm when we started to eat, we were pretty hungry so I forgot to take photos. That said, both dishes were pretty good. The vinaigrette sauce that came with my porchetta was quite special. I did get to take photos of a few other dishes, such as my mom's Prawn Linguini Aglio Olio which she enjoyed...

Prawn Linguini Aglio Olio

...and my nephew's Whole Omelet which he also liked.

Whole Omelet

Dylan Patisserie has a fantastic spread of cakes, desserts, and baked items so we ordered a few of them.

Mini cakes, eclairs, and macarons

I got the Tropical Vanilla, which is an almond sponge with fresh vanilla mousse, a fruit jelly layer, and vanilla essence. I absolutely loved it!

Tropical Vanilla mini cake

My grandmother got the Lychee Pandan, a pandan-infused sponge with creamy white chocolate, coconut mousse, and a layer of lychee jelly. She also liked it but could only eat some of it so she took the rest home with her.

Lychee Pandan mini cake

What made our lunch here extra special was the superb service. Our server (I think her name was Chelsea) was very friendly, warm, and professional. You could feel that she genuinely wanted us to have a great dining experience there. She was also very responsive to our requests.

Dylan Patisserie also makes customized cakes

This restaurant is apparently the second branch. The original is located in Makati, along Jupiter Street. The Makati branch, however, focuses on cakes and pastries and they offer only a handful of savory dishes.

Other baked goodies available at Dylan

I'm really happy that we got to try Dylan Patisserie. I am certain I will visit this place again in the future.

Dylan Patisserie
https://dylanpatisserie.com/

QC branch:
20 Scout Tuazon Street Cor, 1103 Scout Castor Diliman, Quezon City, Metro Manila
Opening Hours: Weekdays 8am - 10pm, Weekends 7am - 11pm

Makati Branch:
116 Jupiter Street, Barangay Bel-Air. Makati City.
Opening hours: 8:30am - 9pm daily

Phone: +63 2 8777 2999 | +63 2 8920 7411 | +63 2 8286 9949
Whatsapp and Viber: +63 917 877 2999

No comments: