Thursday, September 22, 2022

[Throwback] California

I've visited California twice. I wrote about my second trip in this blog post. My first trip however, was a couple of years before that. I had a business trip to Ohio at a time that one of my friends was studying at Stanford. Since there is no direct flight from Manila to Ohio, I had the option of stopping over for a few days in San Francisco at no extra cost. My friend told me he could meet up so I decided to go to the US a couple of days before my business trip so that I could spend the weekend in California.


My friend actually showed me around Stanford, which is 35 miles south of San Francisco, but for some strange reason I didn't take a single photo of this beautiful university. Really such a shame that I didn't take any pictures of Stanford! My friend then took me to so San Francisco where I got to see a few of its more famous sights. Our first stop was Fisherman's Wharf. We didn't really do anything while we were here apart from walking around and taking photos.


The sea lion viewing dock is on of the most popular places in Fisherman's Wharf. Check out this link to read more about the history of sea lions converging in this area.


The Pier 39 marina holds hundred of boats. Boat slips are available for short-term and long-term lease.


I didn't get to visit Alcatraz but you can see it from Fisherman's Wharf. Naturally, I had my photo taken with it in the background. (You can tell from the photo below that it was really windy when we were there.)


Our final stop that night was the Golden Gate bridge.


There are a lot more places of interest in San Francisco that I still want to see and experience. Hopefully, I have another chance in the future to visit.

Next post: Ohio and Kentucky

No comments: