Tuesday, March 26, 2019

First wedding of 2019

This is a late post but the first wedding I attended this year was that of my former colleague Bryan and his now-wife Nadine. What made their special day a unique experience for me was that it was held in a Christian church. All other Christian weddings I attended over the years were held in secular venues, often in a garden, so this was a first for me.


The reception was held in Century Park Hotel. There was a bit of a break between the church ceremony and the reception but many of us who attended the ceremony were worried we wouldn't get decent parking so we decided to head straight from the church to Century Park. Thankfully, we did, because some of my friends and I were the last few people who were still able to park on hotel grounds. (Many others who came after us had to park in a nearby parking lot.)


Many of my ex-teammates were invited to the wedding so we all got together at the nearby J.Co to have coffee and donuts while waiting for the ceremony to start. I hadn't seen many of them since our Christmas reunion and even then, it was impossible to talk to everyone so this was a great chance for me to catch up with people I don't get to see very often anymore.


The reception started at around 7pm. The venue was very elegantly decorated and we were served a bountiful Chinese lauriat. Needless to say, we weren't able to consume everything that we got served. My ex-boss Jay joined us for the reception, as did another ex-colleague, Choy, whom I hadn't seen and had conversation with in years.


It was a wonderful afternoon and evening and a great first wedding for me to attend in 2019. Not only did I witness one of the most important days in the life of my friend Bryan, I also got to spend time and catch up with my ex-colleagues and friends.

No comments: