Monday, May 20, 2024

Remembering Nanay

My family just commemorated my grandmother Nanay's 1st year death anniversary. It was the middle of the week so I filed a personal leave so I could spend the day with my family. We started with a 6AM mass that we offered for Nanay. After mass, we headed to the cemetery to visit her resting place and say some prayers.

Early morning mass

It was still early morning when we left the cemetery and we wanted to have breakfast so I took my family to Dylan Patisserie in the Tomas Morato area. It was one of the few non-fastfood places that was open at 8am and we wanted a place that was comfortable and where we could enjoy good food and catch up. Dylan was also one of the last few restaurants where we were able to take Nanay before she passed away. We stayed there for a few hours, enjoying the food and the coffee as we shared stories about Nanay and caught up with each other. It was close to noon when we left.

Classic Full English Breakfast at Dylan Patisserie

Before heading home, I suggested to my mom that we have a late lunch at Italianni's in Ayala Fairview Terraces. I was notified via SMS that Bistro card holders could enjoy 50% off at Italianni's as a special soft opening discount. It was quite some distance away from Dylan but the discount was really appealing and I was already  on leave so we decided to go. The discount could only be applied when dining in but the staff said that we could over-order and they could pack and take home whatever we didn't consume. My mom and I had some pasta and salad but we did order a lot of other dishes that we took home to the rest of my family. (This meal meant I already got a return on investment on my Bistro card just a few months after I got it. Cool!)

Lunch at Italianni's in Ayala Fairview Terraces

It was a simple but really good day spent with loved ones that allowed me and my family to remember Nanay and celebrate her amazing life before she passed on. We love you and we miss you, Nanay!

No comments: