Saturday, May 25, 2024

New Discoveries and Rediscoveries

The last couple of months gave me an opportunity to try and discover new places. One of these was Grifoni's at The Podium. Apparently, this is a popular pizza place in Siargao that has made its way to Metro Manila. My ex-teammates and I had dinner here one night after work. What I loved about this place is that they have gnocchi on their menu! So we ordered the Baked Four Cheese Gnocchi...

Gnocchi from Grifoni's in Podium

...along with another pasta dish and pizza. We also had some dessert. The food was pretty good - and I really do love the fact that they have gnocchi! - so I'm sure I will visit this place again in the future.

Choco Lava Cake from Grifoni's in Podium

Another place in the Ortigas area that I got to try is Satchmi. I had seen this place a few times before but I only just recently got to try it when I was in Megamall and was looking for a place to have coffee and some food. My original plan was to have souffle pancakes at Gram but it seems Gram in Megamall has closed. I then saw Satchmi, I realized I had always been interested to try this place, and decided to go here instead. I ordered the sausage and waffles along with some coffee. It wasn't the best sausage and waffle dish I've ever had but it is quite inexpensive when compared to similar dishes in other restaurants and cafes so I thought it was pretty good value for money.

Sausage and Waffles from Satchmi in Megallam

A new favorite dessert of mine is the Chocolate Strawberry Pancake. I discovered while I was in Greenbelt 5. I passed by what was previously TLJ but is now Infinity Taste. I went in to look for a cake or dessert I could take home and I saw the Chocolate Strawberry Pancake, which immediately appealed to me. At almost P500, it is really expensive but I really wanted to try it so I did. As soon as I ate it at home, I realized this is now probably my favorite dessert. The pancake seems to have a consistency and density somewhere between a pancake and a cake and the cream was thick but still light. It was just a really good combination of flavors and textures and an absolute pleasure to eat! I loved it so much that I visited this place again soon after and I ordered it again.

Chocolate Strawberry Pancake from Infinity Taste in Greenbelt

I also revisited Shanghai Hand-Pulled Noodles in N.S. Amoranto Street (near the National Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes). The last time I was here was more than a decade ago so getting to dine here again after so long was like a wonderful rediscovery.

Shanghai Hand-pulled Noodles in N.S. Amoranto

I love hand-pulled noodles so it was a no-brainer for me to order the House Special Beef (Dry) Noodles. I also got a side of Special Kikiam (it has also been a long time since I had kikiam). I really enjoyed this meal and I need to visit this place again soon!

House Special Beef Noodles and Kikiam from Shanghai Hand-Pulled Noodles

And since we're talking about new discoveries, I guess this one counts too: Nissin Irvins Salted Egg Noodles! A friend of mine visited Singapore and gave me a pack as her pasalubong to me.

Nissin Irvin's Salted Egg Noodles

It was good but I have to say that I couldn't taste the salted egg flavor as much as I do when having the Irvins chips. Still, I'm happy I got to try something new!

No comments: