Sunday, May 05, 2024

A Surprise Star Wars Encounter at Uniqlo

I just had an amazing photo op with Star Wars characters at the Uniqlo Global Flagship Store in Glorietta 5!

Photo with Star Wars characters at the Uniqlo Global Flagship Store at Glorietta 5

It was a series of fortunate events that put me in a position to get this photo taken. It all started when I saw a Monster Hunter shirt in Uniqlo in SM Makati. I thought that my nephew, the Monster Hunter fan, might actually like to have that shirt. However, strangely enough, I didn't get it yet. Instead, I decided I would just go back on Sunday (which was just a few days later) to get it.

Fast forward to Sunday. I was driving to Glorietta and my initial plan was to go back to that Uniqlo store in SM Makati because that's where I saw the shirt. However, I decided to go to the flagship store in Glorietta 5 instead. I figured it was bigger and probably had more stocks of that shirt. As it turned out, my guess was right. I decided to get one for my nephew.

Since I was already there, I decided to also get a Star Wars Return of the Jedi shirt for myself. (After all, I am a Star Wars fan.) It was then that I noticed a couple of people dressed as stormtroopers in the store. They were going around, having their photos taken. I figured it must be to market their Star Wars merchandise. I picked up the shirt I wanted but then I kinda tried to see if I could find an opportunity to have my photo taken with the stormtroopers. I wasn't sure there would be since they looked busy with their photoshoot so I decided to take a photo of them. A woman who was part of the Uniqlo Star Wars campaign must have seen the look on my face as I did because she asked me if I wanted to have my photo taken with them. Naturally, I said yes!

Photo of Stormtroopers

The really cool thing though is that it started out with just me, two scout troopers, and a storm trooper. The woman took a photo of me with them when suddenly, more people in costume arrived, including an ewok! The woman then very nicely took a photo of me with the whole gang. When I saw the picture, I was really happy. And by the time I was done with my photo op, a short line had formed of people who also wanted to have their pictures taken.

My first photo, with two scout troopers and a stormtrooper

As it turned out, Uniqlo Philippines announced this store visit of Star Wars character on their social media pages. I just lucked out that I was at the right store at the right time.

No comments: