Saturday, August 13, 2022

Quarantine Stories Part 22

Another Fitbit achievement unlocked: I got a Hawaii badge. This means that I have walked the entire length of the Hawaii archipelago, a total distance of 563 kilometers, which means I'm averaging 7.5 km per day. I think that's pretty amazing!

New Fitbit badge: Hawaii

Speaking of gadgets, I bought a Chromecast for my family so my family can watch more shows. I have an IWanTFC subscription that I don't get to maximize and I realized that my grandmother would enjoy watching a lot of shows on this platform. Unfortunately, there is no IWanTFC app that I could find in my family's Smart TV and I wasn't quite sure how to set it up on the TV's browser. So during the recent Lazada sale, I purchased a Chromecast from the Spoyl online store. I got it very soon after I ordered it and set it up. Now, my grandmother is able to benefit from my IWanTFC subscription. Cool!

New discovery: Bulla Neopolitan Ice Cream. I was looking for an ice cream flavor for my family but I wanted to get something new. I saw this brand and this flavor and I wasn't quite sure what it was. However, the description at the back of the container said that it was "all your favorite flavors." I decided I couldn't go wrong with that so I bought one haha. I found out what it meant when I finally opened the lid. It contains three flavors: strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate. Something for everyone, perfect! It's also really nice and creamy. I am definitely buying this again.

Bulla Neopolitan Ice Cream

I also rediscovered Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen recently. I used to enjoy this restaurant many years ago but I barely ate there over the last few years because I felt that the quality of the broth diminished. However, I passed by this ramen place again recently and saw that their most inexpensive ramen is now only P235 (it was P380 back in 2014). What?? Are they serious? That was enough to entice me to eat there. While Mendokoro is my absolute favorite ramen, Ikkoryu becomes a favorite again with its very affordable price and good-enough flavor. I look forward to eating here again on a more regular basis. 

Ajitama Tonkotsu Ramen from Ikkoryu Fukuoka

My board game group decided to switch back to virtual gaming due to the recent rise of Covid cases. While we played some online board game versions, we also played a few Jackbox games, including The Devil and the Details. I hadn't played this game before and honestly, I didn't understand how it worked for the first few (many?) minutes. I was so lost haha but when I finally figured it out, I realized it is actually a lot of fun. I think I ended up in last place but I did win an award: Helicopter Parent. Apparently, I performed the most blocks of people who were performing selfish tasks. This award is so me hahaha.

The Devil and the Details on Jackbox

Oh and you can also buy a mug:

The Devil and the Details Mug

And while we are talking about Covid surges, I had a bit of a Covid scare myself. On a recent Sunday, my throat felt a bit scratchy. I figured I was just tired but I started to worry a bit when my throat started to feel worse as the day progressed. I tried using my antigen test kits at home that evening but the two tests I applied both failed (no red lines came up). I decided to sleep it off, hoping that my throat would feel better the next day. Unfortunately, it didn't. I immediately reached out to a home service lab to schedule an RT-PCR test. Thankfully, they were able to visit me that same morning.  My results came in that evening and they were negative. Whew! I was so happy that I didn't contract Covid again. I still haven't gotten a second booster but I hope I can get one soon.

No comments: