Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Family Celebration at Raging Bull

My mom celebrated a milestone birthday and my brother also just turned a year older. To celebrate, I took my family to Raging Bull Chophouse in Shangri-La The Fort. I first tried the steak here back in 2019 and I told myself then that I would return. I also wanted my family to try this place but it is very expensive. Since it was my mom's milestone birthday and my brother's birthday, it seemed like the perfect time to splurge at a really good venue.

The 1.6 kilo WX Tomahawk Wagyu

I was really happy that my grandmother joined us. Prior to the pandemic, whenever my family would go out, she would almost always decline (I think because she felt it was too tiring). However, now that she lives with us, I feel like she finds it easy enough to come with us when we go out for meals. (That, and maybe she has a bit more energy now that she doesn't live alone.) Sadly, one of my nephews couldn't join us because he wasn't feeling well. Thankfully, it wasn't Covid (his RT-PCR test was negative).

I told my family that I would order steak for everyone to share so they just had to choose side dishes and drinks. I knew I wanted to order the 1.6 kilo WX Tomahawk Wagyu but I knew this would not be enough for my family. Since I was already in a spending mood, I decided to get the Black market MS5+ 270 days Grain fed Rare Marbled Pure Black Angus Ribeye and the Tajima MS 6 grain-fed Wagyu Striploin. My toddler nephew likes chicken so I also got the Herb-brined Slow-roasted Free Range Chicken. Everyone really enjoyed the food! The service was also topnotch, making our dining experience here pretty awesome. (I took pictures of all our steaks but the one I took of the striploin was really blurry so I decided not to share it.)

Black market MS5+ 270 days Grain fed Rare Marbled Pure Black Angus Ribeye

As it turned out, I over-ordered. We weren't able to consume the tomahawk and the chicken so we took the leftovers home (at least my sick nephew was also able to try the steak). I'm really happy that I got to to enjoy a fantastic meal with my family. Hope we get to do this more often.

No comments: