Monday, July 08, 2019

Tough Week

Last week was tough. First, my brother was hospitalized. He was confined for several days and he needed to undergo a critical operation. Unfortunately, he doesn't have decent medical coverage where he works and his hospital bill was pretty substantial. I contributed to the payment, which meant that my savings took an unexpected major hit. While it was painful, I have to be thankful that at least we, as a family, had enough resources to help bring my brother back to full health.

As if that wasn't enough, our cat passed away. He got sick over the weekend and while the vet did some tests and tried to give him meds to make him better, his health continued to deteriorate rapidly. I eventually got a call from the vet saying that they weren't able to save him. He was an old cat who got sick and as the vet said, it is difficult for old pets to fight off disease.

It didn't help that the week was bookended by two annoying inconveniences. It started with a flat: I ran over a screw that punctured my tire. Thankfully, I was near a vulcanizing shop at the time that my tire lost pressure so I just had to run flat for a short distance before getting my tire fixed. The week then ended with a mix-up at the catering company where I placed a food order for my family for the weekend. When I was ready to pick up my order, I had to wait for several minutes and before being told that they lost my order. Argh. It then took 30 minutes for them to prepare three of the four dishes I ordered - I had to cancel the fourth item. - and by then it was lunchtime already and my family was waiting for the food I was supposed to bring home. It was a stressful end to a difficult week. Hopefully, things start getting better.

No comments: