Saturday, May 25, 2019

Social Butterfly

So I've turned into a bit of a social butterfly these last few weeks. It started when I had dinner with Kat and Sol in Podium. Kat was traveling to Singapore so we all had dinner before she left. We dined in Nikkei, which is a Japanese-Peruvian restaurant. The fact that this resto featured Peruvian fusion cuisine made me feel a bit nostalgic and reminded me of my incredible time in Peru. The food here was really good, so good in fact that I forgot to take photos LOL. I'm pretty sure I will eat here again so maybe I will take photos next time. After dinner, we moved over to Ça Va Creperie for some coffee and dessert. Both Kat and I didn't bring cars that day but Sol very kindly and generously drove us both home. Cool!

The following evening, I joined Joyce in Manila Peninsula for a buffet dinner. A buffet isn't exactly ideal for someone on a diet but I managed not to eat too much despite my desire to head back for second and even thirds (to maximize the buffet, I ended up picking a few of the most expensive items LOL). Joyce checked into Manila Pen that evening and we met there so she could talk to me about some policies that I got from her for my nephews.

I met up with more friends the next evening in Chili's in Robinsons Galleria. It was the first time I hung out in Galleria since I had dinner with Elbert about a year and a half ago. This was a great evening because I got to hang out with Pia and Marco as well as some people I hadn't hung out with in ages - Auds, Hoz, and Bong. Most of us had left our previous company already so there was a whole lot of sharing with each other of what's been going on in our lives since we left.

Shortly after, my college friends Hestia, Letlet, Mitch, Lala, and I met up with Weng who was in town just for a week. We had dinner in Noor in Burgos Circle. I hadn't eaten in this Mediterranean restaurant before and I have to say, the food was really good (although I think Souv is better). For dessert, we moved to UCC where we were joined by Gosh. We stayed there until UCC closed. We discussed a possible trip to Pansol before school starts; it remains to be seen whether the plans will push through.

Finally, late this week, I met up with Gian and Blessy and a few of our other ex-teammates in Skinny Mike's. Gian moved to the US late last year but he came home for a couple of weeks so we managed to slot in some time to have dinner. Apart from getting to hang out with Gian and Blessy, I also saw Rich for the first time in almost two years. We were also joined that evening by Chelle, Miguel, Mitchell, and Mon. It was interesting to hear about how Gian's move to the US was shaping up and it was really nice catching up with my ex-teammates again.

I also spent a weekend with my high school friends and their families recently but I will write about that out-of-town trip in a separate blog post.

No comments: