Saturday, May 18, 2019

Club Balai Isabel

Our company outing this summer was held in Club Balai Isabel. As far as I recall, this was my fifth visit, having been here before three times for company outings and once with my friends for a weekend getaway.


Since my last trip, quite a bit has changed, including the Aquapark...


...and a large photo op set-up by the shore.


It was a bright, sunny (and very hot!) day when we were there but while many of my colleagues and their families hit the pool to cool down, I decided to stay dry since it wasn't an overnight event and I didn't want to swim if I wasn't checking into a room.


Thankfully, we didn't need to stay under the sun for too long. Lunch was served in one of the new function halls - I say new because it wasn't there in my last visit a few years ago - and we were entertained by a pretty good band. In the middle of their set, the band asked people to jam with them and my teammates volunteered me. I ended up singing Sam Smith's Lay Me Down which is kind of my default karaoke song nowadays. I didn't get to practice but I think it turned out quite well.


The highlight of this summer outing for me is that I got to try riding an electric scooter. My colleague brought his scooters with him and he encouraged us to try riding. I gave it a go and it was pretty cool. Too bad I wasn't able to have a photo taken while I was on it.


While this outing was only a day trip, it was still fun and eventful and I'm happy that it provided a venue for me to bond more closely with my teammates.

No comments: