Tuesday, June 15, 2010

3 hours on a treadmill

This is definitely a personal record. I've been training for my next marathon for some weeks now, and since June 14 was a public holiday, I decided I would go for a long run on that day. The ideal situation would be for me to have run outdoors but I had time limitations that day. So I ended up running on the treadmill for three hours. And may I see, that was the most boring training run I've ever had!

The worst of it was that while running, the power went off! Twice! First time it happened was almost 1 1/2 hours into my run. The lights go off and the treadmill does a dead stop, so I nearly fall off. The generator kicked in seconds after, and so I get back on. But after about 12 minutes, the power returns so they turn the generator off and switch back to the normal power supply. Which meant another dead stop in complete darkness. My momentum was massively thrown off after that but I'm still pleased I managed three hours of running. My next long run will be on Saturday, so I will try to do a long run outdoors.

No comments: