Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Massive weekend

My family went to Bicol over the weekend. Unfortunately I wasn't able to join them because I had two friends in town. Ben, my English friend who lives in Singapore, was in Manila to join his Aussie mates in an Aussie rules football tournament on Saturday, and Dino, now based in Canada, was in Manila to enjoy the Philippine summer. I don't get to see Ben and Dino a lot so I decided not to join my family in Bicol.

As expected, alcohol factored into my weekend. A lot. I hung out with Ben and some of his Aussie friends on Friday night and had a lot of beers before meeting up with my friends Walter, Tim, Basil, and Cesar in Burgos Circle for more drinks. On Sat night, I met up with a lot of my college friends, including Dino, for the "Senior Edition" of one of our org's annual activities - Vice Night. :) Of course, we weren't as crazy as we used to be so it just involved drinks (lots of them), food, and a whole lot of catching up. Some of the folks I saw that night were people I hung out with a lot in college but haven't really seen since then. After our party, I header over to Encore to join Ben and his other friends.

So it isn't much of a surprise when I was sluggish practically the entire Sunday. Thankfully I didn't have a headache on either day. It was a great weekend though, where I not only got to hangout with Ben and Dino but also got to catch up with a lot of other friends and also make new ones.

No comments: